We just received the following news update from Cardo Systems.
Free software upgrade includes more voice controlled features for keeping your hands on the grips of your handlebar and other great new benefits
Pittsburgh, PA October 17, 2012
Cardo Systems, Inc. annouces the release of software version 1.3 for the scala rider G9. The free upgrade is available now to all G9 users via the Cardo Community® online platform. URL: http://community.cardosystems.com
Since its introduction, the scala rider® G9 has been widely recognized as the most ‘social’ and feature-rich communication and entertainment system for motorcyclists. Software version 1.3 offers new voice commands, audio announcements, new VOX setting and cross-language voice recognition.
The Call Intercom Setting on your G9 allows users to easily and seamlessly open an intercom conversation with fellow rider right away without the need to first give a voice command in advance. Simply set your unit to Call Intercom Setting and start speaking to your friends.
Customize Your VOX Setting
- Alternative Call Intercom Setting: in addition to the default Voice Command Setting whereby users first speak a general voice command, followed by specific function commands, the new alternative mode has been added to allow users to activate the intercom to fellow riders just by speaking (like the scala rider models G4 and Q2 PRO and TeamSet® PRO)
- Voice Command Setting: Original VOX setting for voice control instruction to control opening functions: via a first voice command to initiate a beep that indicates to users that the device is ready for a voice command, and a second command to either speak on the intercom or control any available function, remains the default option.
Original Voice Commands
- Radio On/Off
- Music On/Off on your cell phone or Bluetooth® MP3 player
Additional Cool New Voice Commands
- Control Music by Voice: Next Track, Previous Track
- Control Radio: Next Station, Previous Station
BMW Pairing Mode
- New pairing mode with the BMW Bluetooth® audio system (tested on BMW K 1600) allowing a G9 user simultaneous pairing to mobile phone and to the BMW audio system
- Retains functionality of the BMW audio system, but enhances through working together
Improved Compatibility with Garmin Zumo 660
- Improved compatibility with the Garmin® Zumo 660 for voice directions and streaming music
Convenient New Auditory Announcements
- Low battery announcement
- Saved radio station announcement
- Radio station frequency announcement
- New group signal from rider A or B
- Power On/Off announcement
Assorted Bug Fixes
Multi-language Voice Instruction
We want to thank our loyal customers for their suggestions. You spoke and we listened!