WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J. – BMW Motorrad USA has announced pricing for their five latest 2014 models, which were unveiled late in 2013. The models are set to arrive in dealerships by early spring of 2014.
2014 R nineT: The all-new R nineT, commemorating 90 years of BMW Motorrad, will start at $14,900 for the Standard Package, which includes Integral ABS, a modular frame and mounting points for easy customization. An optional anti-theft alarm can be added for an additional $395.
2014 R 1200 GS Adventure: Unlike the straightforward R nineT, the updated R 1200 GS Adventure has a base of $18,200 and four additional special packages:
- The Comfort Package ($500) includes a chrome exhaust, heated grips and a tire pressure monitor.
- The Technology Package ($1,425) has an LED headlight, the Pro riding mode option, heated grips and a tire pressure monitor.
- For long-distance travel, the Touring Package ($1,925) adds dynamic ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment), On Board Computer Pro, GPS preparation, cruise control, LED auxiliary lights and saddlebag mounts.
Instead of adding on pieces here and there, customers can opt for the Premium Package version of the R 1200 GS Adventure ($21,500), which combines the Touring and Technology Packages as well as a steering damper, adjustable passenger seat, stepless adjustable windshield and removable passenger pegs.
2014 R 1200 RT: BMW says the base model ($17,650) adds over $1,100 of value to the 2014 R 1200 RT’s predecessor, including heated grips, two riding modes and Automatic Stability Control, while raising the price by only $300.
The motorcycle has the longest list of possibilities among the newest BMW Models, with six special package add-ons, a Premium Package and a long list of individual upgrades.
The six special packages include:
- Comfort Package ($850), with chrome exhaust, central locking, tire pressure monitor, anti-theft alarm and dual accessory socket.
- Touring Package ($1,400), adding Dynamic ESA, GPS preparation, heated seats and cruise control.
- Standard Package ($600), including GPS preparation, cruise control and a dual accessory socket.
- Dynamic Package ($275), which adds hill start control, headlight pro and the Pro riding mode.
- Technology Package ($1,525), comprising Bluetooth, an audio system, chrome exhaust, radio software, tire pressure monitor and a dual accessory socket.
- Luxury Package ($1,525), including Bluetooth, gear shift assistant pro, an audio system and radio software.
Additionally, the R 1200 RT comes in a Premium Package ($20,850) configuration that combines the Touring, Dynamic and Technology Packages as well as a steering damper, On Board Computer Pro and LED white turn signals.
2014 K 1600 GTL Exclusive: The base model of the K 1600 GTL Exclusive is the fully-loaded version, so it’s one simple price of $29,950. It also boasts additional equipment that its predecessor, the K 1600 GTL Premium Package, did not have, like keyless riding, a heated back rest, an exclusive exhaust, armrests, additional storage space and ground lighting.
2014 S 1000 R: The latest version of the S 1000 R starts with a base of $13,150. Add-on packages include Sport ($845) to add gear shift assist, dynamic traction control and cruise control, and Dynamic ($955) for dynamic damping control, heated grips and an engine spoiler.
Customers can also opt to upgrade to the Standard Package ($13,995) for the Pro ride mode and the Sport Package. Another option is the Premium Package ($14,950), which includes both the Sport and Dynamic Packages as well as the Pro riding mode.